Full-time Communications & Database Management (National)
Hours of work: Full time
Salary: $39,000-45,000 annually
Work Perks: Health benefits, paid sick days and vacation, and RRSP retirement program included after 6 months.
Want to use your hard core digital skills for a grassroots organization? Here’s your chance to use your skills for an organization that works directly with working-class people in Canada.
ACORN Canada is hiring to support two core functions – Communications and Database Management.
ACORN is a membership-based organization of working-class people whose purpose is to fight for and champion the causes of low-to-moderate income people. Working with ACORN Canada combines mass outreach techniques, direct action, strategic campaigning to fight for systematic changes in Canada.
Applicants must have some experience in digital campaigns, graphic design, handling large data, use of CRM or any such platform to management data and WordPress. Intermediate French writing skills is desirable! The candidate must be willing to work for an organization that fights for economic and social justice in Canada, and is willing to work and learn from others.
Applicants must apply with their resume and a few samples of digital campaigns they’ve developed (Ex. social media shareables, presentations, form email campaigns etc.).
ONLY Short-listed candidates will be contacted. PLEASE MENTION WHY YOU ARE SUITED FOR THIS POSITION IN YOUR COVER LETTER.
What is ACORN?
We are a tenants’ union. We are a disability action union. We are a worker’s union. We are a consumer’s union. We are whatever our members are.
ACORN is a multi-issue, mass-based union of low-to-moderate income people. The purpose of the union is to give low-to-moderate income people power so that they have the ability to have their voices effectively heard at the highest levels in the country. With chapters across the region, province, and across the country, ACORN is able to be both a local-based union winning local campaigns, as well as a large organization combining forces to fight national corporations and governments that are at the root of most of our problems.
The individual will work with ACORN Canada’s National office to support and work collaboratively with ACORN Canada’s local offices across the country. The individual will be responsible for coordinating and supporting communications digital campaigns and handling the organization’s database. We are looking for someone with excellent knowledge of graphic design and database management. Below is our vision for the position based on our current needs.
- Communications projects to support both national and local campaigns
- Coordinate web content, newsletters, publishing (solicit content, edit, layout, publish)
- Track and report website and other social media metrics
- Update website pages as required
- Support other staff in using digital campaigning and organizing platforms
- Meeting data needs as per the organization’s internal systems and requirements.
Atleast 2-3 years of experience in communications or digital organizing and database management ideally in a non-profit environment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in using graphic design tools and social media platforms.
- Knowledge of using WordPress.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Experience of handling large data, knowledge of any CRM platform would be an asset.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to solve problems and work both independently and as a team player
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to stay abreast of best practices
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to be diplomatic, enthusiastic, flexible, task-oriented, and comfortable working with diversity of people in a variety of situations
- French writing skills
- Technical abilities: this role could support the operation and maintenance of the IT including recommending, designing, implementing, operating and supporting the systems as required
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter with previous digital organizing work (2 samples) at email@example.com
Expected start date: February 2022