Posted July 2, 2019
ACORN Canada – Toronto, ON
Full Time (30-40 hours/week)
Please include a resume and cover letter when applying
ACORN Canada is hiring a full time Research and Communictions Coordinator.
ACORN Canada is a national grassroots non-profit organization that brings together low and moderate income families for social and economic justice. We are a member run organization structured like a community union, with over 130,000 members organized into 20+ neighbourhood chapters across the country. Our goal is to achieve social and economic justice by developing a national active membership that is invested in their organization and focused on building power for change.
ACORN Canada is seeking a Communications / Research Coordinator to work with ACORN Canada's National office and to support and work collaboratively with ACORN Canada's local offices across the country. This position reports to the Executive Director.
The Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating communications, public policy research and support, fundraising and grant writing. We are looking for someone with excellent writing skills who can operate in a fast-paced work environment. Below is our vision for the position based on our current needs.
- Public policy research projects coordinated with the National Executive Director to support both national and local campaign and public policy research
- Coordinate web content, newsletters, publishing (solicit content, edit, layout, publish)
- Track and report blog metrics
- Update website pages as required
- Use and support other staff in using digital campaigning and organizing platforms
- Grant writing / fundraising
Education: University degree or certificate program in communications or public policy, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
Experience: Two years of experience in communications or research is desired, ideally in a non-profit environment
Bilingualism (English and French) is strongly preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of online communications and public policy research ability
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Strong writing skills
- Comfort using technology and data in day-to-day work
- Excellent computer and online software skills (Excel, Word, Adobe PDF, CRM, Google docs & Analytics, online social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter)
- Experience with web content management software (Wordpress, Drupal, etc.)
- Ability to solve problems and work both independently and as a team player
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to identify relevant content for key audiences
- Ability to stay abreast of best practices
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to be diplomatic, enthusiastic, flexible, task-oriented, and comfortable working with diversity of people in a variety of situations
Knowledge of graphic design software (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) an asset
Technical abilities: this role could support the operation and maintenance of the IT including recommending, designing, implementing, operating and supporting the systems as required
To Apply: Please send your resume with cover letter, salary expectations, and digital portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full time position (3 month probation period). The annual salary range for this position is based on experience.
This position is based at our head office in Toronto, Ontario.