Posted on March 11, 2022
On March 10th ACORN Hamilton hosted a virtual town hall with our allies the Hamilton Community Benefits Network and Environment Hamilton.
ACORN and allies came together to hold a public event to demand the City of Hamilton pass a bold inclusionary zoning policy. City staff want to wait till 2023 to even look at the policy.
We had 118 join the event that included 42 Hamilton ACORN members, allies, Hamilton City Councillors and city staff.
- Toronto City Councillor Kristyn Wong-Tam
- Abdullah from Toronto ACORN
- Host organizations ACORN, HCBN and Environment Hamilton
- Stop Sprawl organizer Lilly Noble
- Ward 3 Hamilton City Councillor Nrinder Nann
The event was facilitated by Stoney Creek ACORN member Anica Rak and HCBN organizer Esthan Merali.
ACORN looks forward to working with our allies to move the campaign forward.
For Youtube recording, click here
The Bay Observer: Hamilton lacks a plan to deal with a worsening housing crisis